Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Two Months Old!



Today is a great day! Benjamin is two months old! It is weird - on the one hand it seems like only yesterday that we had him, but on the other it seems like we have been a family for so long. We are so lucky to have such a wonderful baby! In honor of his 'birthday', I have included a variety of pictures. A couple of the pictures represent the milestones he has reached.


Benjamin is such a happy baby, it is quite easy to get a picture of him smiling - especially in the morning. He is being a little crabby today, though. He had a rough time taking a nap all day, but now he has been out for two hours (thank goodness!).



Most of his 0-3 month clothes still have room to grow, but I'm starting to find some clothes that are a little snug. Though I will miss all of his little new baby outfits, I am excited to try some of the older baby clothes!




Here is proof (sort of) that Daddy changes Benjamin's poopy diapers. When I uploaded these pictures this afternoon, I noticed this picture that Steve must've taken while I was at my office this morning. What a good Daddy!




He is slowly getting used to tummy time. He can last maybe three minutes without crying, and then it seems like the next two minutes take forever to get to the designated 'five minutes'. I usually give in to his crying, though.





He is becoming more and more aware of his surroundings. He loves to watch the sea creatures of his crib mobile, swing mobile, and the bubbly fish of his bouncy chair. During our walk on Monday, it was the first time that he didn't fall asleep right away. He was so alert for 45 minutes - looking around and enjoying the scenery and the beautiful day. Then he couldn't resist the soothing movement and fell asleep.



He is so steadily gaining weight, that I am starting to detect a double chin. Plus his thighs are getting quite chubby, too. He is so cute, but I am starting to take some pictures and say (jokingly, of course), "that is not your best angle".

2 comments:

Patty Lucken said...

Happy 2 month birthday, Benjamin!! We are counting the hours till we can see your cute smile tomorrow!
xxxooo
Grandma and Grandpa

Unknown said...

What a cutie! I'm so happy for you both!!
Marie