Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Green Beans

Last Saturday, after a couple weeks of just cereal (rice, oatmeal, barley), we decided that Benjamin should try some food. Following the advice that you should start with the less appealing food first, we opted to give him green beans.

Day One - He did not seem to be very happy about it, but he did eat 1/4 of a jar (the recommended amount for the first try). The following pictures are fantastic, as they capture the faces he made after every bite (though he kept accepting more bites - what a trooper!). He would even shudder sometimes. I don't blame him - pureed green beans? Ewww.. Also, see the video below taken of his first taste of food.






All done - good job!
Day Two - Still a little unsure, he continues to make faces but eats all of it (1/4 of the jar).
Day Three - Seems more interested in the green beans and eats the remaining 1/2 of the jar.
Day Four - Eats one whole jar and wants more! No wonder they advise you to keep giving your baby something that he appears not to like at first!




1 comment:

Melissa and Jeff said...

Those pictures of Benjamin eating his green beans are priceless! Graham was on my lap when I watched the video and now he repeatedly points to the computer and says 'More baby!'. I honestly don't know how many times Graham and I have watched Benjamin and his green beans :)